- Definitions used in this policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have over your personal data?
- What personal data do we collect about you?
- How do we use your personal data?
- Who else has access to your personal data?
- How do we secure your data?
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – Any operation or set of operations, performed on personal data or on sets of personal data.
Data Subject – A natural person whose personal data is being processed.
Child – A natural person under the age of 16.
We / us – The Indian Ballet Boutique.
Data Protection Principles
We are committed to respecting the following data protection principles:
- The processing is legal, fair, transparent. Our processing activities are based on legitimate grounds. We always consider your rights before processing personal data. We will provide you with information about their processing upon request.
- The processing is limited to the purpose / purpose. Our processing activities correspond to the purpose/purpose for which the personal data was collected.
- The processing is carried out with a minimum of data. We only collect and process the minimum amount of personal data required for any purpose.
- The treatment is limited in time. We will not retain your personal data for longer than necessary.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of the data.
- We will do our best to ensure data integrity and confidentiality.
Your rights over your personal information
The data subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have the “right to know” whether your personal data is being processed; what data is collected, where does it come from, why and by whom is it processed.
- Right of access – meaning you have the right to access the data that you have provided, or collected about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your collected personal data.
- Right to rectification – which means you have the right to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data which is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning that in certain circumstances you can request that your personal data be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning that under certain conditions you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning that in certain cases you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. You can exercise this right whenever the issue of profiling has legal effects concerning you or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your personal data in a machine-readable format or, if practicable, by direct transfer.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the access rights, we will provide you with the reason for our refusal. Please contact us if you are unhappy with the way your request has been handled.
- Right to assistance from a supervisory authority – meaning you have the right to assistance from a supervisory authority and the right to other legal remedies such as to claim damages.
- Right of withdrawal – you have the right to withdraw any consent given for the processing of your personal data.
Data we collect
Information you provide to us
This may be your email address, name, billing address, home address, etc., primarily information needed to deliver a product/service to you, or to to improve your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide to us so that you can comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and email address.
Automatically Collected Information About You
This includes information stored automatically by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your purchase history (if any), etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or view content on our website, your activities may be recorded.
Information from our partners
We collect information from our trusted partners, with confirmation that they have legitimate reasons to share this information with us. This is either information that you have provided to them directly or that they have collected about you for other legitimate reasons.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; provide you with other products and services that you have requested; provide you, at your request, with promotional items and communicate with you in relation to such products and services; communicate and interact with you; and notify you of changes to any service.
- improve your customer experience;
- to meet a legal or contractual obligation;
We use your personal data for legitimate reasons and/or with your consent.
Due to the conclusion of a contract or the fulfillment of contractual obligations, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- allow you to be identified;
- provide you with a service or send/offer a product to you;
- communicate either in the context of sales or invoicing;
Based on a legitimate interest, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- administer and analyze our customer base (purchasing behavior and history) in order to improve the quality, variety and availability of products/services offered/provided;
- conducting customer satisfaction questionnaires;
Until you notify us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or identical to your purchase history/site browsing behavior, in our legitimate interests.
With your consent, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes, for which we have asked your consent;
We process your personal data in order to meet obligations arising from the law and / or use your personal data for the choices provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize the personal data collected and to use this data. We will only use data outside the scope of this policy if it is anonymized. We keep your billing information and other information collected about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but no longer than 3 years.
We might process your personal data for other purposes which are not mentioned here, but which are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was collected. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between the purposes, context and nature of the personal data is suitable for further processing;
- further processing does not harm your interests and
- that there is appropriate safeguard for the processing.
We will notify you of any further processing and purposes.
Who else can access your personal data?
We do not share your personal data with strangers. In some cases, personal data about you is provided to our trusted partners in order to enable you to provide the service to you or to improve your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
We only work with processing partners capable of ensuring an adequate level of protection for your personal data. We disclose your personal data to third parties or government officials, when we are legally required to do so. We may disclose your personal data to third parties if you have consented or if there are other legal grounds.
How we secure your data
We do our best to protect your personal data. We use secure protocols for communication and data transfer (such as HTTPS). We use anonymization and pseudonymization where appropriate. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Although we do our best, we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we undertake to inform the competent authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything reasonably possible to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities in the event of a breach.
If you have an account with us, please be aware that you must keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information used to help the sites work. We can only access cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may prevent you from using certain features.
- Necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for you to use certain important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies do not collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and allows us to offer more personalized features. For example, they can remember your name and email address in comment forms, so you don’t have to re-enter that information the next time you comment.
- Analytical cookies: these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests. Also, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed on the website by advertising networks with the permission of the site operator. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Most of the time, targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can delete cookies stored on your computer through your browser settings. The following links show you how to set cookies depending on the browsers: